How to bid
- You can bid using this website or by post.
- To bid on the website, you will need to register. Click here to register.
- If you want to bid by post, we will bid online on your behalf. Postal bid forms are here. Postal bids must arrive at the WTT office no later than 5pm Wednesday 24 March.
- If you have any problems bidding, please contact us on 023 9257 0985 or email@example.com
- To view the lots and place bids, click here.
- To search for a specific lot, use the search facility and enter the lot number or search more generally for rivers, rods, reels or guides.
- You will only be able to place bids once the auction has started on 19 March.
How bidding works:
- Enter your maximum bid value for the Lot on the website or the postal bid form. The auction website will automatically bid on your behalf against other bidders up to that value and let you know by email when someone has out-bid you.
- Bidding can be fast and furious in the closing stages so you may want to keep an eye on your bids. Lots close at different times during the evening of 28 March; each lot’s closing time is clearly shown with its description.
- If you are the winning bidder, you will be notified by email and you will need to pay for your Lot within 7 days. You can pay by credit /debit card on the website or call the WTT office on 023 9257 0985 to make payment or send a cheque made payable to Wild Trout Trust to: Freepost WILD TROUT TRUST (please do not write anything else on the envelope).
- Once payment has cleared, you will receive an email (or letter) from the WTT confirming the Lot you have won. The email will give you the details of the contact for fishing Lots or will confirm your address for dispatch of any physical Lots. For fishing Lots, the donor of the Lot is also advised of your email contact details or address if no email is supplied. It is the winning bidder’s responsibility to contact the donor promptly and make arrangements to take the lot.